Recently in meta Category
You may have noticed a few freshly added links to the sidebar, and if you are really paying attention you'll probably realise they are not so much new, as returning links.
The Chat Stats page has made its return almost unchanged, but the Guestbook and Pictures sections (now partially re-dubbed 'User Gallery') have been re-designed and re-built for your viewing pleasure.
New to the Guestbook is the use of reCAPTCHA captchas to curb the tide of spam there and e-mail and URL filters, so those can be entered and not harvested by travelling spam-robots.
The Gallery (formerly Pictures) has been totally re-designed (The original 'design' was one huge page with thumbnails of all the pictures on it) and now features User Categories (basically indicating a chatter's frequency of chatting), multiple pages and an expanded Individual Picture page. The new Individual Picture page now includes Nick, Description, URL and Status fields, as well as a means for people to comment on each picture (with a reCAPTCHA captcha to keep it spam free, of course).
Both the Guestbook and Individual Picture pages have RSS feeds that you can add to your feed reader, Google Reader or Live Bookmarks.
Also recently added are a number of methods of connecting to our IRC servers:
- Java Chat, which lets you chat via a Java Applet;
- IRC Chat, which opens your default handler for irc:// links and connects to us (mIRC, X-Chat and ChatZilla can all be registered as handlers);
- CGI Chat, which uses our CGI-IRC to connect to our servers; and
- Mibbit Chat, which uses Mibbit's Web to IRC gateway to connect.
The last two should work anywhere web-browsing works.
Thank you, you may now return to your scheduled whatever it is you were doing.
Tired of endless exploits against your widely used but rather insecure operating system? We recommend the Core Force security system. It protects your computer, learns your (inter)network habits keeping your computer safe from known and uknown exploits (Santa Claus Worm anyone?). In addition its based on OpenBSD's Pf packet filter, which is double plus good.
And Its .
so after fixing the style of the guestbook, I added a couple more features to it:
- you can now get a link to a specific guestbook entry
- the guestbook has been marked as having a creative commons license
- there is now a guestbook news feed that you can subscribe to
- the guestbook news feed also has an XSL Transform applied so that you can open it in a compliant browser
we've changed a few things, hopefully for the better.
- new logo on all the pages
- guestbook and stats now have the same colourscheme as the rest of the site
- CGI Chat is now using our server, tell us if it seems faster/more reliable/whatever
- pictures on the picture page are now sorted (finally) alphabetically
- google ads on the right, and links to get firefox and thunderbird
- the news feed can now be opened and understood in any XSLT supporting browser
if you want to post news here, then contact me.
(if you don't know how to contact me, then you won't be posting here)
Jube has asked me to mention that he has created a site featuring some cool african photographs you can use for backgrounds. You can also purchase them as photo stock for other uses:
First thing you may notice, is the new Newsletter box, for you guys to sign up for random, semi monthly crap that i think up.
Soon the Guestbook and Statistics will be integrated better into the look and feel of the website. For Guestbook that has already begun.
As this is a season of change, please add comments on anything else you want to see change, thanks.
*edited to spell PIPELINE correctly*
The perfect brew for the King of The Jews.